One of the things I love about summer is the chances to eat outside in the sunshine – from impromptu suppers outside after school to bigger meals, often involving a lit barbecue, with family and friends at weekends. Oilcloth makes a great tablecloth when eating outside – being very practical and easy to wipe clean afterwards. I spent a lot of time sourcing the oilcloth we use here at Messy Me and was so excited when I found what I was looking for. I absolutely love it! Not only does it work really well for designing our bibs, cushions and bags but makes a really stylish yet very practical tablecloth – whether outdoors, when enjoying the sunshine or inside to protect tables from messy, sticky fingers. Here are the 5 key reasons why we love our oilcloth:
- It is beautifully soft so drapes really well, unlike many stiffer oilcloths – so looks lovely as a tablecloth and is more comfortable for little ones.
- It has a lovely gloss finish so the oilcloth is harder wearing and more stain resistant (not completely – see our blog on removing stains for more on this)
- It wipes clean quickly and easily after use – protecting tables from mealtime spills and splashes and crafty fun. It’s also suitable for occasional machine washing at 30 C.
- We have picked simple designs in neutral and classic colours which blend with kitchen decor, look lovely on little ones and look super stylish as a tablecloth.
- The oilcloth is phtalate free and certified to Oeko-Tex Standard 100, reassuring customers the cloth doesn’t contain chemicals or components harmful to health
Please click here for more details on Caring for your Oilcloth
To read some reviews about our oilcloth, please click here
In anticipation of some beautifully sunny English summer days with lots of happy meals outside, we’ve got 15% off all oilcloth orders until the end of June. Please quote SUMMER16 when checking out.
Our oilcloth is designed in Denmark and all the printing and coating is done in the EU. Whilst we haven’t been able to support British manufacturing with our oilcloth as yet, we are at least supporting a European company and European manufacturing…